Dallada Punsaa oo soo bandhigtay fursad shaqo oo bannaan
Title: PUNSAA Advocacy and Fundraising Officer
Reporting to: PUNSAA Executive Director
Key relations: Thematic Working Groups
PUNSAA Board of Directors
Safer-world Somalia Program Team
Duration: 12 months
The Puntland Non-state Actors Association (PUNSAA), was formed in 2008 to provide a forum through which Puntland non-state actors (NSAs) can participate in and influence policy and decision-making processes at local, state, regional and international levels. PUNSAA brings together a wide range of non-state actors from across the regions of Puntland including non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, business associations, and different categories ofprofessionals, such as teachers, lawyers and doctors. Through its work, PUNSAA provides a venue in which people can debate views and organize themselves to promote shared objectives and values. PUNSAA helps citizens to raise their voices to be heardand to be participated in political arena and to make government more accountable. By doing so, the Platform complements and worksclosely with representative bodies such as Parliament, International Non-government Organizations (INGO), local Non-government Organizations, Community Representatives and News-Media quarters, etc.
PUNSAA is working on a program of strengthening Somali Non State Actors in decision making processes on peace, security and development Phase 4 to help Puntland citizens to address the causes of conflict and fragility in Puntland by contributing to more inclusive, transparent and accountable governance, improved service delivery and better state-society relations.
Therefore, the main focus of this position is to support promotion of funds for the programs, connect new potential partners for PUNSAA and advocate for the achievement of the policy issues identified in PUNSAA advocacy strategy and assist the thematic working groups action plans implementation as well as take part the enhancement of the platforms communication and visibility.
Objectives of this Position:
The overall responsibilities of this position are to undertake the advocacy and fundraising duties and connect with potential donors and stakeholders to mobilize financial support for the PUNSAA organization. It is also essential to map up and identify international and local donors to support PUNSAA’s causes and its agenda for both a short-term and long-term goals. In addition, the voices of the communities must be brought in the government levels to address their concerns regarding to peace, security, development and democratization issues in Puntland /Somalia.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of a Fundraising strategy for PUNSAA
- Work towards raising funds for PUNSAA’s activities (applying, following‐up and receiving funds)
- Donor mapping: Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies, private corporations, etc)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the vision, mandate and work of PUNSAA
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long‐term sustainability fund for PUNSAA
- Initiate and suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization for PUNSAA and prepares good proposal and concept notes for the grants and projects/programs.
- Provide inputs to improve and develop communication materials for the organization
- Organize and provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for PUNSAA
- Prepare annual plans for fundraising and follow up the implementation of the plan; in line with the fundraising strategy of PUNSAA
- Work with the Executive Director, Chairman, Board of Directors and Senior Staff of PUNSAA to generate new prospects and gain new donor commitments
- Help shape the advocacy, policy and political outreach strategy for PUNSAA
- Work closely with Thematic working groups in the development and implementation of the thematic issues action plans.
- Implement and/or facilitate workshops, forums and consultations and dialogue exercises under taking by the PUNSAA
- To ensure that accurate and well written records of meetings and processes are kept and distributed to relevant actors.
- Lead and facilitate and consult the activities of thematic working groups and ensures their advocacy reflects to PUNSAA advocacy strategy.
- Prepares quarterly report on the basis of PUNSAA standard.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of PUNSAA’s internal organizational development, policy dialogue and advocacy strategies.
- Assist in the development of concept notes, implementation strategies
- Advocate fundraising, growth and increase National and International partnerships
- Advocate for communities regardingdevelopment, democracy with respect to ongoing programmes
- Promote communities voices to be heard in government hierarchies or levels for development and democracy rights
- Increase awareness among communities about the current issues such as sectoral development and electoral related issues in both Local and National levels
- Contributeto a range of reports such asreview of strategic plan, reports to donors or to partners in working closely with Executives Director and/or Board of Directors of PUNSAA
- Key Deliverables:
- Set performance targetsof overall fundraising and advocacy activities with both International and National Non-Governmental Organizations as well as other donor partners
- Consolidated annual and quarterly achievement reports of fundraising and advocacy activities
- Annual and quarterly work plan activities of this position
- Achieve considerable donor trust and donation fund for PUNSAA
- Advocates and promotes the vision and mission of PUNSAA
- Requirements (Qualificationscompetences and Experience):
- Bachelor degree – preferably in social science, management, business administration or other relevant fields
- Minimum of five (5) years of strategic development and fundraising experience (including donormanagement, identification and liaison; as well as proposal writing)
- Proven track record of successful fundraising
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Sound knowledge of current funding and business environment in Somalia and the donors that are presently funding projects
- Familiarity with sources of funding for projects related to civil society aspects
- Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors for both International and National levels
- The candidate must have good team working skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Good computer and social networking skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Language skills:
- Fluent Somali and English proficiency both oral and writing
- How to apply:
PUNSAA is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To apply: Please email covering letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria along with your CV to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not attach any of your other supporting documents unless asked by the Panel.
Deadline for applications: 11th December 2015 12:00 am
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.